Friday, January 23, 2015

Valentine Fever



I love holidays!! Big or little, real or fake, significant or insignificant. If there’s a reason to decorate or throw a party, I’m all in! 

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! So, to get in gear for all the mushiness and love flying through the air, I thought I’d set the tone in my house and decorate..duh!
 
When I craft or decorate here’s what I’m looking for

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

Which means I have to get creative, I’m gonna hit up the Dollar Tree, and I’m most likely gonna have to make it myself. 

This project was so simple, so cheap, and didn’t take hardly any time.


Here is what I purchased:

Pink and Red Paper Heart Doilies
Pom Poms
Red Flowers

All items were purchased at the Dollar Tree.
Here is what I already had:

Twine
Love Vases (homemade will post DIY at another time)
Two Small Vases

Total cost for this simple yet cute mantle was about $5.00

(Total does not include the Love Vases)

Instead of the tall wine bottle vases you could use a number of things, painted wine bottles, painted beer bottles, (Wow, I’m sounding like an alcoholic…)or you could use any kind of vase or glass jar. Options are endless.

Nevertheless, I’m quite thrilled with my creation. 

All I had to do was clip the fake flowers and set in the vases, fill the small vases with the pom poms, and to make the garland I just hole punched the paper doilies and threaded the twine through it. You could use yarn too. I just used what I had at the house. 

The mood is set! Now Teegan and I can make homemade Valentine’s Day cards for his class, (Yes, I’m that mom. Judge me if you want.) we can do more heart crafts, and I might try to bake some Valentine’s Day inspired treat for him! (yeah right)

1 comment: