Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Love Vases


 

 
As promised here is the how to for the love vases made from wine bottles for my valentine décor on my fireplace.


Here’s what you need:

a 4 Wine bottles

a Hemp Rope or Jute Rope

a Hot Glue

a I used buttons and cloth flowers I already had to make out the word love on the bottles

a Mod Podge

a White Craft Paint


I didn’t bother taking off the labels because I knew they were just gonna be covered anyways, so there is no prep really for this project.


Here’s what you do:

a I started wrapping the hemp at the top of the bottle. Put hot glue at the top of the bottle to secure the rope. Then start wrapping the bottle. Every so often put another hot glue dot on the bottle to secure the rope and make sure it doesn’t unravel. Keep doing that until the entire bottle is wrapped.

a After the bottles were wrapped I painted mod podge all over. It paints on white but dries clear. This stiffens the rope making sure it doesn’t get messed up.

a Once the glue had dried clear on the bottles, I painted two bottles with white craft paint.

a Once the paint was dry, I started making out the LOVE on the bottles using buttons, burlap, left over twin, and cloth flowers that I already had.

Sorry, I didn’t think to get step by step pictures of the process. It’s fairly simple though.
*I used hemp rope on two bottles and then ran out of it. I went back to Walmart (the greatest place on earth) and decided I didn’t want to spend $5 on another roll of hemp. So I bought the jute rope which was $1.50 something. I highly recommend splurging on the hemp. The jute rope was stringy if that makes sense. I ended up painting the two bottles that were wrapped in jute to mask that it was shredding (that’s the best describing word I can use). I still like the look it gave once painted because it looks rustic, but if I could go back and do it over, I’d buy more hemp.
 
 
Time consuming it was, but totally worth it! I absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment