Tuesday, January 13, 2015

All about that sass!

I said this would be a blog posting the good, the bad, and the ugly, so as promised here it is...

Teegan, (my son) like most 4 year olds has good days, bad days, and even worse days. Lately Teegan has had all kinds of sass, and whining. OH MY SAKES the whining!!! Does it ever stop?! I can't even remember his real voice because everything he says is in a whine.

We start our morning with whine..."I can't put my clothes on...I can't put my socks on, I don't want to be up stairs alone, I can't turn on the bathroom light..." On and on and on. You name it he's probably whining about it.

I pick him up from school and the whining starts again.
We get home with a little more whine..."I don't want to do home work, I want a snack, the dog looked at me, the dog is in my seat, I don't want that for dinner..."

Any of this sound familiar?

The main whining is around dinner time and bed time. He's a super picky eater, (I'll post more on that another time) so he whines all throughout dinner because he doesn't want to eat anything but fruit snacks, which are now banned from the house, and peanut butter sandwiches.

With all the whining also comes some pretty interesting fits.

The most recent being that he wants to go to the African Savannah to see the Krat Brothers. He thinks we can just drive there to say hey. So I told him it cost money and we'd have to fly etc. He got so upset that I wouldn't take him to the airport he actually started crying full on fit throwing. That when he starts getting all sassy and trying to tell me what I have to do and what he wants etc... For about a week now he's asked nearly every day, multiple times a day to go to the African Savannah...

For as long as I can remember, Teegan when asked what his full name is would say Teegan Dean Thompson Marshmallow Cookie. It was always funny and I didn't correct him really because I thought certainly he doesn't actually think that is his name. Well, today when I signed him into school she asked for his last name. He said Marshmallow Cookie. I corrected him and told her his last name was Thompson. The crying started and the attitude kicked in, right in the middle of the hallway! He was shouting "Marshmallow Cookie!" So I spent a good 5 minutes telling him what his real name is. He kept crying saying he wanted four names....

I have certainly learned throughout parenthood when to pick and choose my battles with him. So we will probably have to return to the marshmallow cookie name...


Don't let that innocent face fool you.


What are some funny things your kid has thrown a fit about?!

No comments:

Post a Comment