Tuesday, January 13, 2015

In the beginning


It's late, well not to most, but in mom world this is late for me. Its after 9pm! I like to take these rare moments of silence and indulge in T.V., or stuff my face with junk food and drink a glass of wine. Yet, here I am tonight doing a tell all. 

The point of me starting a blog was because like most moms, I'm constantly using Google to look up birthday party ideas, fun seasonal crafts for toddlers, cheap meal ideas, foods kids eat, how to loose weight, etc. I often come across these mom blogs. Now, I know better than to get sucked into societies portrayal of the world, but I read these blogs of these seemingly picture perfect moms, and their perfect kids, and perfect husbands, and I think to myself, "I must be doing something wrong." But that's just it, those pictures and stories aren't reality! The more I talk to my friends and other moms, I get a true glimpse of the real world of motherhood. The one those blogs don't care to share about. I get excited and do my own little happy dance knowing that some other moms just like myself are struggling day to day to control their kid, or burn the frozen pizza, or have their own meltdowns because parenting is hard and there is no manual. 

So this blog is for you, the normal mom. Who although we try to have it all together, sometimes fail at "perfection".
 I want to share my stories, my successes, and my failures.
 
You are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment